Sunday, January 8, 2017

Extreme clamping, and some insulation work

Two weeks ago I posted a discussion about gluing upside down and clamping. This week CAI is gluing in the framework and paneling around the door to the head. This is an extreme application of clamps, but not that uncommon.  Thought you'd like to see. I counted 20 clamps on the doorway alone.

You might notice the chunks of black foam stuck onto the ends of some of them.  That's so we don't poke our eyes out.

Building up the doorway to the head.

Those chunks of foam are leftovers from my ongoing project of insulating the boat.  It has been frigid here in Spokane.  The insulation means it can now get up to a pretty comfortable 60 degrees inside.  And on the flip side it will keep us cooler in the tropics.  Yay! 
Cutting insulation while using my new selfie stick to "get the shot". 
I can't believe I have a selfie stick.

Here I am in the forepeak again.  The insulation goes on the
underside of the deck as well as on the hull sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment